Sunday, November 6, 2011

Managing Choices


My life philosophy is to ‘go with the flow’ in which I choose to focus on the big picture rather than become upset over minor occurrences.  This viewpoint has allowed me to maintain an optimistic attitude almost constantly.  So, when making choices I very quickly weigh all the options within my head and largely base my decisions upon my first gut feelings on which would make me the happiest.  However, the decisions only can be based upon my morals and ethics related to the teachings of the Bible and not affect the happiness of my family.  I tend to make decisions, minor and major, very rapidly and just continue to keep optimism in any resulting situations.  Thus far, I do not regret any choices that I have made in my life and continue to place the big picture of life at the forefront.

I have in the past and project that I will continue to use my talents and gifts to the benefit of others.  For some reason, I feel that if I use my God-given talents and gifts for my own personal benefit that it is selfish and not what God would be calling for; although, I do not have this same view of others and feel that this is only a personal choice of how I like to live my life.  For example, I have donated my artistic talents for free in many instances as well as any excesses that I may be privileged to inherit such as possessions or money.  Now that is not to say that I am professing to be like Mother Teresa since I do like to splurge on myself, but I do feel content in the way I have chosen to live my life.  In the future, I hope to be able to expand the amount of blessings of which I have already been able to share. 

1 comment:

  1. "...but I do feel content in the way I have chosen to live my life. In the future, I hope to be able to expand the amount of blessings of which I have already been able to share." You just summed up "living the good life", honey. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete