A stand-out influence
unto my education was my art teacher, Miss West, throughout middle school
through high school. Besides being
taught and encouraged to explore theories of color and design, I was taught to investigate
my own morals through art work. My
teacher pushed me and other students to think outside of the box and create art
that was able to tell a story. Each
different element that was studied throughout my educational art career opened
up new insight into complexities that I never realized were present. For instance, different pieces that were
created needed to incorporate different subjects such as geometry and angles,
music, and history. Miss West influenced
me to use art as an outlet and develop my natural abilities to create beautiful
works that have been appreciated by many.
Although I do not regularly practice creating art, I have had the
opportunity to construct art, mainly through painting, to contribute to
different projects for which I have been compensated for my efforts. Without my art teacher, I definitely would
not have had the confidence in my art skills to have been able to share them
like I have. My art teacher also fully
encouraged dialogue throughout the classroom which helped set the creativity
free. To this day, I believe that art
class is an invaluable tool for everybody and regardless of natural abilities
should be fully explored. With an
influence such as I had, confidence can be gained and people can use art to be
themselves and express their feelings. Sunday, October 23, 2011
Educationally Influenced
A stand-out influence
unto my education was my art teacher, Miss West, throughout middle school
through high school. Besides being
taught and encouraged to explore theories of color and design, I was taught to investigate
my own morals through art work. My
teacher pushed me and other students to think outside of the box and create art
that was able to tell a story. Each
different element that was studied throughout my educational art career opened
up new insight into complexities that I never realized were present. For instance, different pieces that were
created needed to incorporate different subjects such as geometry and angles,
music, and history. Miss West influenced
me to use art as an outlet and develop my natural abilities to create beautiful
works that have been appreciated by many.
Although I do not regularly practice creating art, I have had the
opportunity to construct art, mainly through painting, to contribute to
different projects for which I have been compensated for my efforts. Without my art teacher, I definitely would
not have had the confidence in my art skills to have been able to share them
like I have. My art teacher also fully
encouraged dialogue throughout the classroom which helped set the creativity
free. To this day, I believe that art
class is an invaluable tool for everybody and regardless of natural abilities
should be fully explored. With an
influence such as I had, confidence can be gained and people can use art to be
themselves and express their feelings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"I was taught to investigate my own morals through art work. My teacher pushed me and other students to think outside of the box and create art that was able to tell a story. Each different element that was studied throughout my educational art career opened up new insight into complexities that I never realized were present." Wow. What an incredible teacher! I would have flourished in this class. I love art, and honestly believe I missed my calling in life, though I do enjoy teaching. There is still a part of me that aches to paint every day, though that artist seems to be boxed up now, and put away. Do you still dabble in art in some way, shape or form in your life?
ReplyDelete